1600 kg/cum & 800kg/cum

Posted in: , on 5. Dec. 2005 - 16:21

the speed stroke and slope chart supplied by VSMA is designed for material weighing 1.6tons/cu.m

Now if i have to design a screen for coal then what is the correction factor to be applied to get the correct speed stroke and slope for screening coal.

Does the speed slope and stroke depend on the material or does it hold true for all materials.

Please advise.

Sandeep

Screening Coal Vsma

Posted on 9. Dec. 2005 - 08:13

Hi Sandeep;

first, you use the VSMA formula to SIZE the screen, this will adjust the sizing according to the TYPE of material being screened and will make sizing calcs according to the characteristics of COAL......or whatever material it is.

Secondly, you decide type of screen being picked to do the job. Either the HORIZONTAL speed, stroke, slope chart or INCLINED speed, stroke, slope chart.

You then, pick the PREFERRED speed, stroke, slope from the chart above by FIRST identifying the actual opening at which you are screening your COAL at.

Cheers,

Best Regards, George Baker Regional Sales Manager - Canada TELSMITH Inc Mequon, WI 1-519-242-6664 Cell E: (work) [email]gbaker@telsmith.com[/email] E: (home) [email] gggman353@gmail.com[/email] website: [url]www.telsmith.com[/url] Manufacturer of portable, modular and stationary mineral processing equipment for the aggregate and mining industries.

Re: 1600 Kg/Cum & 800kg/Cum

Posted on 9. Dec. 2005 - 08:31

Ok so the VSMA speed stroke chart is true for coal aas well as other materil and the bulk density of the material is already a factor in the sizing.

Now I did the calculation for sizing then i determined the width and then checked the Bed depth if it was within the permitted levels. I found everything ok.

For a sizing horizontal screen i chose 9.5mm stroke and 960 rpm.

So my material travel rate is coming to 9.12 M/min.

but while sizing a horizontal screen the material travel rate assumed was 12m/m

how do i correct this. If i keep it at 9m/min then there will be build up of material on the screen deck.

Now wot do i do.

I am thrown out of the loop now....................

its funny designing a screen..................... lots of patience and lots of courage

Sizing Of Screens

Posted on 9. Dec. 2005 - 09:10

Sandeep: Do not be too hard on yourself.....it is hard sizing screens correctly. People who do it constantly ... have the same problems. It takes patience and courage........or stupidity to get it right over time.

Can you convert your metric rates in this last message to imperial for me.

Best Regards, George Baker Regional Sales Manager - Canada TELSMITH Inc Mequon, WI 1-519-242-6664 Cell E: (work) [email]gbaker@telsmith.com[/email] E: (home) [email] gggman353@gmail.com[/email] website: [url]www.telsmith.com[/url] Manufacturer of portable, modular and stationary mineral processing equipment for the aggregate and mining industries.