I.Mech.E Solids Handling Award 2001

Author
(not verified)
Posted in: , on 27. May. 2002 - 20:40

I.Mech.E Solids Handling Award 2001

The contribution of a remarkable pair to the field of Bulk Solids Technology was recognised by the joint presentation of the I.Mech.E “Solids Handling Award 2001” to Reinhard and Ute Wohlbier, in recognition of their professional excellence over many years.

This award is made annually by the Bulk Materials Handling Committee of the Britisch Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London to persons of any nationality that have made a valuable contribution to the industry. These worthy winners join a prestigious list of giants and pioneers in the field, such as Andrew Jenike, Jerry Johanson, Alan Roberts, Brian Scarlet, Stan Mason, John Williams, David Walker, Oliver Fyson, Herbert Wilkinson, Mark Jones, Lyn Bates and other leading figures from academia and industry.

The Wohlbier contribution is unique, not only for being the first pair to jointly win the award but for the matchless standard of technical publications that they founded and serviced for over twenty years. Wherever exhibitions, conferences or international meetings associated with bulk solids took place, this couple was to be found – spreading the work and soliciting quality articles.

Perhaps more than any other, they promoted the widespread dissemination of the technology in the industrial domain. In this instance Lyn Bates, Past Chairman of the Bulk Materials Handling Committee and Managing Director of Ajax Equipment who sponsor the award, presented the plaque and accompanying cheque. Lyn expressed his great pleasure at seeing this dedication over many years being acknowledged by a leading UK professional body in this field.

Figure legend (from left to right):

Dr. Harold Wright - BMHC Chairman; Dr. Ken Claque - IMechE Process Industries Board Chairman; Ute and Dr. Reinhard Wohlbier; Lyn Bates - MD of Ajax Equipment Ltd.

Attachments

im (JPG)

Write the first Reply